Senior Research Scientist - Assay Development
The Senior Research Scientist will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and chemical engineers to develop innovative medical technologies that can fast track the product development cycle. The candidate is expected to lead Zymeron’s efforts in point of care (POC) diagnostic tests and rapid in vitro diagnostic (IVD) assays. He or she will serve as a technical project manager for diagnostic assay projects, with main responsibilities including project planning, experiment design and execution, reports writing, collaborator communication and coordination, and scientific presentations. The Senior Research Scientist is also expected to join other senior scientists to initiate new projects within the R&D scope of the company, including writing grant proposals.
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Job Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Conduct rapid immunoassay development, including reagent screening, feasibility study, assay optimization and validation, integration on off the shelf and specially designed and customized devices
2) Design and optimize antibody-reporter conjugation chemistry to enhance analyte-specific binding and minimize off-target binding, transferable to membrane devices or microfluidic devices
3) Coordinate technical transfer of new assays and procedures for validation and scaling up
4) Design and lead studies to test hypotheses related to target product profiles. Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments
5) Develop innovative approaches for fast experiment turnaround and act independently to resolve scientific problems encountered during experimental procedures
6) Compile and analyze data; prepare reports and documentations.
7) Present findings or project status reviews at internal or external meetings. Applies advanced technical writing skills to produce reports, proposals, and tech briefs.
8) Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, safety and environmental standards within the laboratory
REQUIRED KEY COMPETENCES
1) Ph.D. in chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering or related fields with 3+ years of post-doctoral relevant experience.
2) Strong background with minimum 5 years of experience in diagnostic tests, immunoassays, or paper-based assay technologies. Hands on experience in assay optimization, experimental design and versatile laboratory practice is a must.
3) Experience in fluorescence based assay development and in blood processing devices is preferred.
4) Familiarity with in vitro diagnostic regulations such as CE-IVD, CLIA, LTD, and FDA US-IVD is a plus.
5) Ability to analyze and interpret complex experiments and results in a concise fashion.
6) Demonstrated attention to details.
7) Strong self-direction and well-developed interpersonal skills.
8) Strong oral and written skills.
Send your CV or resume to HR@zymeron.com. No phone calls please.
Zymeron offers competitive paid leaves, vacations, flex-time, health (medical, dental and vision) insurance, retirement plans and others.
Copyright © Zymeron Corporation. All rights reserved.