Copyright © Zymeron Corporation. All rights reserved. Zymeron® is a registered trademark.
The Research Scientist will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and bioengineers at Zymeron to develop innovative biomedical technologies. The ideal candidate will independently conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report writing with minimum supervision. The candidate will support and work with senior scientists to advance funded technologies through experimental design and the establishment of quantitatively measurable milestones. The candidate will work in drug delivery and precision therapeutics team to conduct applied research and laboratory development work and to commercialize a portfolio of drug delivery/formulation technologies and products.
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Job Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Synthesize protein and nanoparticle conjugates and evaluate their material interactions using bioassays.
2) Synthesize small molecule conjugates with linkers, and characterize compounds with HPLC and LCMS techniques.
3) Investigate novel drug formulations for various routes of administration (i.e. IV, IM, SC etc)
4) Analyze and interpret technical data.
5) Manage laboratory instruments.
6) Write, review and edit technical documents.
REQUIRED KEY COMPETENCES
1) Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related fields with 5+ years of laboratory research experience.
2) Ability to handle fast-paced, multi-tasking, highly dynamic R&D environment.
3) Ability to analyze and solve complex technical problems.
4) Demonstrated attention to details.
5) Strong self-direction and well-developed interpersonal skills.
Send your CV or resume to HR@zymeron.com. No phone calls please.
Zymeron offers competitive paid leaves, vacations, flex-time, health (medical, dental and vision) insurance, retirement plans and others.