Copyright © Zymeron Corporation. All rights reserved. Zymeron® is a registered trademark.
The Research Associate will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and chemical engineers at Zymeron to develop innovative biomedical technologies. The ideal candidate will independently conceive, design, and execute laboratory experiments, interpret data, and contribute to progress report writing with minimum supervision. The candidate will communicate and interact daily with team members having background in chemistry and polymer science. The candidate will support and work with senior scientists to advance funded technologies through experimental design and the establishment of quantitatively measurable milestones.
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Job Type: Full Time
Openings: 1 Opening
Responsibilities and Requirements:
1) Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, materials science, or related fields
2) Have at least three years’ post-baccalaureate experience working in research laboratories
3) Must be familiar with a diversity of chemistry/biochemistry lab skills including wet chemistry reactions, chromatographic analysis (e.g. HPLC), microplate reader, UV-Vis, gel electrophoresis, protein assays, enzyme assays, fluorometer, etc
4) Design and perform experiments with minimal supervision, and support senior scientists
5) Develop new methodology as necessary under supervision
6) Maintain and operate laboratory equipment
7) Execute directed literature searches
8) Work on multiple concurrent projects
9) Work well in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team environment
10) Investigate, analyze, and solve technical problems with good attention to details
11) Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, safety and environmental standards
Employment Authorization in the United States required.
Send your CV or resume to HR@zymeron.com. No phone calls please.
Zymeron offers competitive paid leaves, vacations, flex-time, health (medical, dental and vision) insurance, retirement plans and others.