The Senior Assay Scientist will join a fast-growing team of chemists, biochemists, and chemical engineers to develop innovative medical technologies that can fast track the product development cycle. The candidate will work together with other senior scientists to lead Zymeron’s rapid diagnostic test (RDT) and point of care test (POCT) team. He or she will serve as a technical project manager for diagnostic assay projects, with main responsibilities including project planning, experiment design and execution, reports writing, collaborator communication and coordination, and scientific presentations. The Senior Assay Scientist is also expected to join other senior scientists to initiate new projects within the R&D scope of the company, including seeking new business opportunities.
Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
Job Type: Full Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Conduct rapid immunoassay development, including reagent screening, feasibility study, assay optimization and validation, integration of off the shelf and specially designed device components
2) Implement chemistry or bioengineering strategies to enhance analyte-specific binding and minimize off-target binding
3) Coordinate technical transfer of new assays and procedures for validation and scaling up
4) Design and lead studies to test hypotheses related to target product profiles (TPP). Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments
5) Compile and analyze data; author reports, tech briefs and proposals; present to business partners and stakeholders.
REQUIRED KEY COMPETENCES
1) Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Bioengineering or related fields with 3+ years of post-doctoral relevant experience.
2) Strong background with minimum 5 years of experience in diagnostic tests, immunoassays, or paper-based assay technologies. Hands on experience in assay optimization, experimental design and versatile laboratory practice is a must.
3) Experience in fluorescent lateral flow assay development and blood processing devices is preferred.
4) Familiarity with in vitro diagnostic regulations such as CE-IVD, CLIA, LTD, and FDA US-IVD is a plus.
5) Ability to analyze and interpret complex experiments and results in a concise fashion.
6) Demonstrated attention to details.
7) Strong self-direction and well-developed interpersonal skills.
8) Strong oral and written skills.
Send your CV or resume to HR@zymeron.com. No phone calls please.
Zymeron offers competitive paid leaves, vacations, flex-time, health (medical, dental and vision) insurance, retirement plans and others.Type your paragraph here.
Copyright © Zymeron Corporation. All rights reserved. Zymeron® is a registered trademark.